Monday, February 10, 2014

U10 Boys play well in early game. Some skills on display but still chasing too much.

     The U10 boys had a good game this past Sunday if not a very good game.  They played with fair energy throughout with a few players setting the pace in that regard.  Kaleb, Joe, Luke and Logan clearly came to play despite the early game time.  Everyone else was doing well too for most of the game but by the end I was seeing some flat footed play.  That was the result, I think, of too much ball chasing again.  A better team would have taken advantage of us in that regard so we were lucky in the opponent we faced.
     Kaleb started the scoring and he was doing great work all game anticipating the flow of the action, rarely getting caught on the wrong side of the ball.  What I mean by that is that sometimes players stand and watch the action like a spectator and seem to let the other team or the ball get too far past them before they even take their first step when what they should be doing is anticipating the flow and moving early.  Kaleb was doing that in this game.
     Luke had two of the four goals we scored and he was again showing amazing patience with the ball.  He truly likes to take the long way around to get to the goal and it drives the other team crazy.  By halftime you could tell that the players he was facing were aware of his skill and they had begun to hang back rather than risk getting beat.  Joe played well too and he had the fourth goal.
     I tried to shoot some video in the hopes of having a way to show the players what they are doing when I say they are "chasing" the ball.  Not much of what I got was any good but I did get a nice shot of Owen showing off some skills.  I don't usually brag on my own kid so for a change I'll highlight his play a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Really good game, especially knowing how the Legend's boys aren't known for their early morning starts.

    ReplyDelete