Monday, February 28, 2011

Black Berries and Sharks. Week Five.

The Sharks lead off Saturday with a convincing win that included goals from Sam E., Austin and Elizabeth. Sam's first was a long distance shot that found it's way over and through the defense from about ten yards out. Austin was showing some great ball handling skill and managed his goal after very persistently pressing into the defense until he was within range for a tap-in. We had great, energetic play from everyone else too including a beautiful one-on-one stop in goal that Kendall made.

The Black Berries played with their usual precocious teamwork and scored plenty of goals without meeting much resistance. I think we had goals from everyone but Eileen. They have all learned to move toward the goal when a teammate has the ball and they have all shown that they can effectively cover on defense rather than just chasing the ball. They are an impressive group.

I want to thank all the players for being so patient with me this week. I've had a terrible cold and as I greeted each team I let them know that and asked them to be extra cooperative so that I wouldn't have to raise my voice too much. They were all wonderful and a pleasure to work with as usual. See you Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment