Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sharks. Week Two.

This was a strange game for us in that it featured much more pushing, shoving and shirt pulling than normal. I'm not sure what to make of that. We also had a lot of trouble staying focused on the ball and everyone seemed to fatigue fairly early too. But the Sharks still managed a 2-2 tie. Our two goals came from Sam E. The first was off an assist from Austin. Coach Niemeyer's Green side managed the equalizing goal while the Sharks were daydreaming a bit. The real highlight of the game was when Jackson went to the other team's goal to be in position for a shot and then decided to stay and have a conversation with the goalie. He was there talking to her for about three minutes, I think. Flirting, maybe?

After the game I tried to explain to the kids that while they had played hard and I was proud of them they definitely hadn't played as well as a team as they had in their previous game. I may have tried coaching them a little too much in warm-ups. Next time we'll spend warm-up focusing on basic skills and try to have everyone's energy level up for the game.
I want to thank Austin's dad Mike for his help today. He'll be helping regularly now and I hope that will allow us to have more efficient warm-up/practices.
Thanks to the Gronottes for the snack. The Romitos have snack duty next for us on Feb. 12th.

No comments:

Post a Comment